We are the most stressed we’ve ever been.
That’s the truth.
It can feel like the whole world is on our shoulders and we’re on our own.
Another truth that’s helpful to know is that we’re not alone. 80% of the population feels overwhelmed at some point or another. We can feel like there is so much to do and so little time to do it in.
Our lives can feel out of our control, like a runaway train and no matter what you do the universe seems to conspire to put obstacles in the way.
It can feel exhausting and hopeless but that’s a feeling, and it’s not based on truth.
Here are just a few things you can do to regain control.
1. You’ve got to own it. That means taking responsibility and not blaming others. It’s only when you own it do you have the power to change it.
2. Make a Control List. Answer this question… “what needs to be true for you to feel in control?”. Get started on that list and read this
3. Focus on what you can do. Stop giving energy to what you can’t do.
4. Get creative. Look for other ways to approach the situation and read this
5. Forget the idea of a single solution. Embrace various smaller ones and tackle them one at a time.
Remember, If you want to be in control, you have to take control. No one can give it to you.